August 27 @ 6:00 am - November 18 @ 12:00 pm EDT
It’s a traditional ya’ll. Muslimahs Endure and Rijaal Runners have been participating in the ATL Relay since 2016. In 2019, we started a friendly competition with Atlanta Muslim Running Club (AMRC). We compete for bragging rights and the coveted relay trophy.
Join us for the ATL Relay. We are putting together 5 teams. Each team member will run a 5k. Fee covers race registration, 12 week training, and recovery snacks the day of the race. Once the 5 teams of full (20 people), you will be placed on waitlist until we have enough to create another team. If we are unable to create another team, you will receive a full refund, unless you have started training with us, you will then receive a partial refund.
Training begins June 5, 2022. We will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30 PM, and Saturdays at 7:30 AM. Each team member will be sent a weekly plan to follow, so even if you are unable to meet you will have your weekly training available. CLICK HERE to join our WhatsApp group.
Last day to join our team is August 1st. Team Assignments will be August 8th.
There are a few registration options below, select the one that fits your needs the best:
- Race Only: You are only joining the team and will NOT be participating in training. Will follow your own training plan.
- Race + Training: You are joining the team and WILL participate in training. Even if you are unable to make it to in-person session you will receive a plan to follow.
- Training Only: You can not participate in the race but want to still train with the team. OR You will be completing the 10k/20k solo.
- Race Only (Waitlist): You want to join the team, but are waiting for a full team to be formed. If a team is not formed you will be refund the race registration fee of $48.
- Race + Training (Waitlist): You want to join the team and you are waiting on a full team to be formed. AND you will participate in training. If a team is not formed, you will receive a refund for race registration fee of $48.
HOW DOES THE RELAY WORK?
This ATL Relay is ran like a typical 4 x 100m relay you will see at the Olympics except longer!!!
Each team will consist 4 members
The first leg will start the race off
The second leg will be waiting in the transition zone for the first leg to pass the “baton” (timing chip)
Once the second leg takes off, the third leg will wait in the transition zone
Lastly, the final leg will bring the team home
The entire team will run across the finish line together