Terms and Conditions
Membership Cancellation Policy
ME Members are responsible for fulfilling a 12-month commitment. Monthly dues will be charged automatically until a member cancels. A member may cancel their membership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with 30-days notice. Early cancellation will result in your account being charged for the outstanding balance owed plus a $25 cancellation fee. Membership is not transferable.
Swim Membership Cancellation Policy
Swim Members register for the length of one cycle: 8 weeks (dates vary slightly for sessions during Ramadan cycle and the end of the year). No refunds will be issued for early cancellation. Credits or exceptions may be granted under extenuating circumstances or with a medical note, at the discretion of Muslimahs Endure management. Monthly dues will be charged automatically until the end of the cycle. Membership is not transferable.
Acknowledgement, Waiver, and Release from Liability (AWRL)
Warning: Read this waiver completely and carefully. This agreement includes a release of liability and waiver of legal rights and deprives you of the right to sue Muslimahs Endure, Inc. aka Muslimahs Endure, ME, etc., including respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, participants, and any other parties involved (collectively, “ME”). Do not sign this agreement unless you have read it in its entirety. Seek the advice of legal counsel if you are unsure of its effect.
I hereby acknowledge, agree, and represent for myself, executors, heirs, and administrators, and for anyone else who might sue on my behalf that it is my intent to take these actions. I acknowledge that a triathlon, a multi-sport, a running, a cycling, and a swimming event is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. I hereby assume the risks of participating in a triathlon, a multi-sport, a running, a cycling, and a swimming event. I certify that I am qualified, in good health, in proper physical condition, and have sufficiently trained for participation in this event(s), and have not been advised against participation by a qualified health professional.
I acknowledge that my statements on this AWRL are being accepted by ME in consideration for allowing me to become a participant and/or member in, and are being relied upon by ME and the various coaches, organizers, and administrators in permitting me to participate in any ME events, workouts, and functions. In consideration for allowing me to become a member of ME and allowing me to participate in ME and USA Triathlon events, I hereby take the following actions:
- I AGREE to abide by the Competitive Rules adopted by USA Triathlon, including the Medical Control Rules as they may be amended from time to time, and I acknowledge that my membership may be revoked or suspended for violation of the Competitive Rules;
- I AGREE that prior to participating in an event, I will inspect the race course, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used and if I believe they are unsafe or at any time become unsafe, I will voluntarily refrain from participating in said event and will immediately advise the person supervising the event activity, facility, or area;
- I waive, release, AND DISCHARGE from any and all claims, losses or liabilities for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, theft, or damage of any kind, including economic losses, which may in the future arise out of or relate to my participating in or my traveling to and from an ME event, THE FOLLOWING PERSONS OR ENTITIES: Muslimahs Endure, Inc., ME, City of Atlanta, YMCA, USA Triathlon, event and club sponsors, race directors, event producers, volunteers, all states, cities, counties, or localities in which events or segments of events are held, and the coaches, officers, directors, employees, representatives, participants, members, and agents of any of the above, even if such claims, omissions, or liabilities are caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the persons I am hereby releasing or are caused by the negligent acts of omissions of any other person or entity;
- I ACKNOWLEDGE that there may be traffic or persons on the course route, and I ASSUME THE RISK OF RUNNING, BIKING, SWIMMING, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ME EVENT/TRAINING ACTIVITY. I also ASSUME ANY AND ALL OTHER RISKS associated with participating in ME events including but not limited to falls, contact and/or effects with other participants, effects of weather including heat and/or humidity, defective equipment, the condition of the roads, water hazards, contact with other swimmers, boats, wildlife, or anything creating an obstacle, and any hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers. All such risks being known and appreciated by me, I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of the negligence of the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) or of other persons or entities.
- I AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) for any of the claims, losses, or liabilities that I have waived, released, or discharged herein.
- I INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) from any and all claims made or liabilities assessed against them as a result of (i) my actions or inactions, (ii.) the actions, inactions, or negligence of others including those parties hereby indemnified, (iii.) the conditions of the facilities, equipment, or areas where the event or activity is being conducted, (iv.) the Competitive Rules, or (v.) any other harm caused by an occurrence related to a ME event/activity. By signing below, I hereby authorize ME to include my name in any marketing materials including newsletters, media kits, advertising, and the website. I also grant ME express permission to use photographs of myself in ME newsletters, ME websites (including social media outlets), or promotional materials and for submissions to newspaper articles and to sponsors. Except for our swim member unless they give written permission for the in water photos to be used.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. If the applicant is under eighteen (18) years of age, their parent/guardian must agree to this AWRL.